Vung Tau is famous for its beaches. The city has a long coastline with several beautiful beaches. It is also known for its delicious seafood, which is caught fresh daily from the sea. Visitors can enjoy a wide variety of seafood dishes, such as grilled squid, shrimp, and fish, as well as traditional Vietnamese dishes. Visitors should spend at least 2-3 days to discover this impressed destination.
The following is a list of foods to try:
Lau ca duoi (stingray hotpot)
Stingray that has been marinated and been cut into pieces is included in a hotpot set, combined with a spicy, sour, and flavorful broth. Due to the use of forest sour bamboo shoots in the cooking process, stingray hotpot has a sweet and sour flavor. It is served with vermicelli, herbs, mint, banana flower salad, and sprouts. Only adult stingrays have bones, and even those are soft and crunchy, which helps to produce firm stingray meat.
- Ngon stingray hotpot 15: 15, Nguyen Truong To, Ward 3, Vung Tau
- Hoang Minh Stingray Hotpot: 44, Truong Cong Dinh, Ward 3, Vung Tau
- 100.000 – 200.000 VND (about 5-7 USD)
Banh khot (savory mini pancakes)
Banh Khot is not only a specialty of this place but also one of 12 Vietnamese dishes that have set an Asian record. These are small, crispy, savory pancakes made with rice flour, coconut milk, and turmeric, topped with shrimp or pork belly and served with lettuce and herbs. Cake served with raw vegetables, add some sour food and dipped with fish sauce
- Banh Khot Goc Vu Sua: 14, Nguyen Truong To, Ward 2, Vung Tau
- Banh Khot Co Ba: 1, Hoang Hoa Tham, Ward 3, Vung Tau
- 20.000 – 50.000 VND (about 1-3 USD)
Hai san (Seafood)
Coming to Vung Tau, it is impossible not to mention seafood. The map of this place seafood is colorful, but the most popular is still the giant squid that is cooked with all kinds of dishes, steamed crabs, apricot fish salad, raw oysters, grilled oysters with cheese, grilled oysters with onion fat, fish hotpot weak…
- Vung Tau Night Market: behind Imperial Hotel, Thang Tam Ward, Ba Ria – Vung Tau
- Ganh Hao Restaurant: No. 3, Tran Phu Street, Ward 5, Ba Ria – Vung Tau.
- 100.000 – 300.000 VND (about 6-9 USD)
Banh canh ghe (sentinel crab noodle soup)
The thick noodles are a milky white tint, firm and chewy, and served with greens, quail eggs, crab cake, pork blood pudding, shredded sentry crab meat, or a full sentinel crab in some locations. The heart of this dish is a rich, thick soup that has a distinct marine flavor.
- Ba Ba: 62 Tu Xuong, Vung Tau
- Ngoc Lam: 73 Le Lai, Ward 3, Vung Tau
- 30.000 – 70.000 VND (about 2-3 USD)
Bun sua (jellyfish noodles)
The thick noodles have a milky white color, are firm and chewy, and are eaten with shredded sentinel crab meat (or a whole sentinel crab in some places), crab cake, pork blood pudding, quail eggs and greens. The rich and thick broth with a strong seafood aroma is the soul of this dish.
- 79 Nha Trang Restaurant: 44 Ba Trieu, Ward 4, Vung Tau City, Ba Ria – Vung Tau
- 84 Restaurant, Nguyen Truong To Street, Ward 3, Ba Ria – Vung Tau.
- 30.000 – 70.000 VND (about 2-3 USD)
Bun Mam (Feremented Fish Noodle Soup)
The soup has a distinct and potent aroma because it is made with a broth made from fermented fish sauce. After that, the broth is served with rice vermicelli noodles, pork, shrimp, squid, as well as a variety of herbs and vegetables.
- Chi Be Restaurant: No. 25, Tu Xuong Street, Ward 4, Ba Ria – Vung Tau.
- Le Restaurant: No. 34, Ba Huyen Thanh Quan Street, Ward 4, Ba Ria – Vung Tau
- 25.000 – 35.000 VND (about 1-2 USD)
Banh Mi Xiu Mai (Shumai bread)
A typical breakfast item for the people of Vung Tau is banh mi shumai. Vendors will add water to the shumai before adding three distinct varieties of shumai: salted egg shumai, the original shumai ball, and cut shumai. If you want spicy food, you can also add ground chili, herbs (coriander, scallions), pickles (sliced carrots, kohlrabi, or pickled papaya), and pickles mouse. You can request more liver pate, sausage, or sardines based on what you like.
- Banh mi shumai – 564 Tran Phu, Ward 5, Vung Tau
- Anh Anh Shumai restaurant: 31A Ba Cu Street, Ward 1, Vung Tau City, Ba Ria – Vung Tau
- 25.000 – 40.000 VND (about 1-2 USD)
Banh beo chen (Water fern cake)
Vung Tau water fern cake has a thick and soft dough crust, add a little sweet and sour fish sauce to the filling, minced pork, peanuts and onion fat and eat.
- Ba Ba: 314, April 30 Street, Vung Tau
- O Hue: 33 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan Street, Ward 4, Vung Tau
- 30.000 – 40.000 VND (about 2-3 USD)
Yaourt miss Tien
The Co Tien yogurt eatery, a tiny snack stand approximately 500 meters from the lighthouse, is highly well-liked by the locals because the homemade yogurt is very adaptable, fragrant, and the appropriate amount of sweet and sour. When climbing Vung Tau, especially for visitors, people frequently pause to eat boiled eggs, take in the view, and enjoy the wind.
- The way up to the lighthouse – 36 Hai Dang, Ward 2, Vung Tau City
- 20.000 – 30.000 VND (about 1-2 USD)
Kem bo sau rieng (Durian Butter Ice Cream)
Durian butter cream is simply butter cream that has a large slice of durian on top and is “promoted” with a little amount of sweet desiccated coconut or crunchy peanuts. It is absolutely delicious.
- 06/1 Nguyen Du, Ward 1, City. Vung Tau
- 208 Ba Cu, Ward 4, City. Vung Tau
- 40.000 – 60.000 VND (about 2-3 USD)