15 Days In Vietnam – Squeeze The Most Out Of Your Trip!
Overview of 15 Days In Vietnam
Now you've got 15 days in Vietnam, so where are you going to visit and how many cities are enough? You want to visit all the highlights of Vietnam but definitely don't want to travel in a rush, right?
From personal perspectives, 5 to 6 destinations is enough for your 15-day trip to Vietnam as you can explore all the highlights but still have time to relax.
Here is an example of 15 days itinerary in Vietnam:
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
- Arrive in Hanoi
- Do a private tour around Hanoi Old Quarter
- Choose one of 2 options: Water puppetry show where puppets are performed on water stage with folk music, presenting ancient tales, folklores and daily life in Vietnamese countryside, Tu Phu (Four Palaces) Show - a very unique show about ritual of spirit practiced in the Vietnamese indigenous religion with music, colors and lively dance performance. The Four Palaces Shows take place on Thursday and Saturday every week.
- Enjoy dinner at a local Vietnamese restaurant situated within a former French residence.
Day 2: Hanoi Half day city tour
- Enjoy a private city cultural tour of Hanoi, encompassing many areas, sights and experiences in Hanoi, including a visit to the Temple of Literature, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Tran Quoc Buddhist Pagoda.
- Have a meal at an authentic Vietnamese Restaurant.
- Free time at leisure for rest of the day.
Day 3: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Trekking/Biking to village
- Head to Mai Chau by van in the morning
- Mid day, arrive in Mai Chau
- Enjoy traditional lunch in village (vegetarian available)
- In the afternoon, bicycle ride, see farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves and visit surrounding peaceful villages.
Day 4: Mai Chau - Hanoi
- Visit Pom Coong and Na Phon villages where the ethnic minority Thai people live to understand more about their culture and customs.
- Mid day, back to the home stay for lunch and check-out.
- Free time for shopping and relaxing.
Day 5: Hanoi - Halong Bay - Overnight on Cruise
- Travel to Halong Bay by bus in the morning
- Upon arrival at the pier, embark on the boat and set sail on a cruise
- Explore numerous grottoes and caves on the islands
Day 6: Halong Bay - Hanoi
- Continue cruising through the bay, along the way seeing more of the fascinating formations.
Day 7: Hanoi - Flight to Hue
- Transfer by car to the airport in Hanoi
- Catch a flight to Hue. It will take about 1 hour 20 minutes on flight.
- Arrive in Hue
- Free at leisure the rest of the day. You can enjoy Hue Royal Court Music (Nha nhac Cung dinh)
Day 8: Hue Half day City tour
- Visit Thien Mu Pagoda, Hue Imperial Citadel and some Royal Tombs
Day 9: Hue - Danang - Hoian - Road transfer
- Transfer by shuttle bus from Hue to Hoi An in the morning
- Passing by the “best coastal way” Hai Van Pass, Marble Mountain and Lang Co beach
Day 10: Hoian Half day City tour
- Follow local to leisurely stroll through the famous ancient town and learn about its history, the blend of Orient and Western culture, and visit ancient temples, houses as well as enjoy shopping.
Day 11: Hoian - Free day
You can choose one of below options:
- Discover My Son Holly Land Half Day: My Son Sanctuary - a collection of Champa ruins nestled amongst the mountains in a geological basin of the Quang Nam province.
- Life as a farmer in Cam Thanh village: Join the farmers in preparing and fertilizing the land. Get to know the villagers’ daily working routines, like raking the ground, sowing, watering and picking greens and many more gardening activities.
- Hoian Vespa tour
Day 12: Hoian - Danang - Flight to Ho Chi Minh City
- Transfer to the Da Nang airport to take a flight to Ho Chi Minh City
- In the afternoon: gain an insight into the city’s development through a walking tour to the most significant landmarks including the Saigon Opera House, Ho Chi Minh City Hall, Notre Dame Cathedral and Saigon Central Post Office (all magnificent sights from the French colonial period)
- Visit Ben Thanh market for some personal exploration and souvenir hunting.
Day 13: Discover Ho Chi Minh city & Visit Cu Chi tunnels
- Visit District 4, a superb place to witness regular Saigonese going about their daily business
- Enjoy amazing Vietnamese coffee
- Visit Cu Chi Tunnels
- Discover Saigon night-life on the back of a vintage Vespa scooter
- Sample the city’s authentic street food and visit a Vietnamese coffee shop for contemporary live music
Day 14: Discover Mekong Delta
- Visit Cai Be colorful floating market in Tien Giang
- Visit local home factories to watch workers make rice paste, rice popcorn, coco candies and more
- Discover beautiful landscapes along the river and observe the typical Mekong delta rural life
- Enjoy a dinner of traditional Northern Vietnamese cuisine at a local home
Day 15: Ho Chi Minh Departure
That's all about 15 days in Vietnam that AZ Local Trip would like to recommend you. You can tailor your own plan based on it or share with us your plan on the comment box!