Vietnam Itinerary 6 days is not easy to arrange since you will feel confused with many interesting spots to pick. As an experienced local expert, I am delighted to share my suggestions
We are planning to go to Vietnam for our holiday and we would like do a mix of activities. So a few questions:
- We plan to be there Dec 24-Jan 1. Is this a bad time to travel? Will the locals be on vacation. I know from past vacations to Spain etc., this was the worst time of the year to be a tourist. If so, we would postpone the trip to March.
- We definitely want to visit Hanoi and Halong bay. What other places would you recommend? One of my friends visited Hang En Cave. How many days does this take? Also, would we really be missing out if we didn’t visit HCMC?
- I’d say in 6 days, you really only have time for Hanoi and Halong Bay, and perhaps one other close location. Alternatively, focus your 6 days on HCMC and the Mekong Delta.
- I have to say that 6 days in Vietnam are still insufficient to cover everything. Yet, you can always manage to have a memorable journey in this tropical country with wise decisions on destinations.
3 Main Options for 6 days in Vietnam
Itinerary #1: Northern Vietnam Family Comfort Holiday 6 Days
- DAY 1: ARRIVE IN HANOI
- DAY 2: NINH BINH : HOA LU – TAM COC
- DAY 3: HANOI – HALONG BAY
- DAY 4: HALONG BAY – HANOI
- DAY 5: HANOI CITY TOUR
- DAY 6: LEAVE HANOI FOR HOME
Why it is right for you?
- When choosing AZ Local Trip as your company, your trip will be more convenient and memorable with a thorough and detailed itinerary. You will pay a visit to the modern cities with new amenities and top-notch hotels.
- The trip to discover new things from people, culture, lifestyle of local friends! Combined with a relaxing time on Halong cruise where you and your family can throw away all the pressure of daily life to immerse yourself in the picturesque nature of Vietnam.
- This trip will be a connecting bridge to help all family members become closer and more understanding. A journey for love and smiles!
>> CLICK HERE TO GET A DETAILED ITINERARY OF THIS TOUR!
Itinerary #2: Northern Vietnam Adventure Journey 6 Days
- DAY 1: HANOI ARRIVAL
- DAY 2: HANOI – SAPA TREKKING: CAT CAT VILLAGE
- DAY 3: SAPA TREKKING: Y LINH HO – LAO CHAI – TA VAN – BUS TO HANOI
- DAY 4: HALONG BAY DAY TRIP
- DAY 5: NINH BINH : HOA LU – TAM COC – MUA CAVE
- DAY 6: HANOI CITY – HANOI DEPARTURE
Why it is right for you?
- This plan is suitable for a group of friends or couples with a detailed schedule.
- Experience hiking and kayaking in your trip to feel love and joyfulness, to have the memorable moments!
- A remarkable trip to make you and your beloved ones more understand each other and closer. From the stunning cities in plains to the magnificent green forests and imposing mountains in South Vietnam, you and your partners will have precious time to share, experience, and love more!
- A unique and romantic space on a Halong Bay cruise for the happy couples
Itinerary #3: Southern Vietnam Classic Tour 6 Days
- DAY 1: HO CHI MINH ARRIVAL
- DAY 2: HO CHI MINH CITY TOUR
- DAY 3: HCMC – MEKONG DELTA: MY THO – BEN TRE – CAN THO
- DAY 4: PHONG DIEN – CAI RANG – HCMC
- DAY 5: CU CHI TUNNEL HALF DAY
- DAY 6: HCMC DEPARTURE
Why it is right for you?
- This trip is made for those who want to explore the unique and authentic culture of each region of Vietnam. South Vietnam brings different cultural marks from the most bustling city to the rustic and simple countryside.
- A trip to help you refresh your boring daily life with exciting and remarkable activities like experiencing the underground world of Cu Chi tunnel or visiting the lively Cai Rang floating market.
- Exploring this tour with a group, but you will have unforgettable moments and experience everything yourself!
Detailed 6 Days Itinerary in Vietnam From Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi (Depart from Ho Chi Minh)
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh Arrival
Go on a Saigon
You first take a rest after landing at Tan Son Nhat International Airport and checking in at the hotel.
This is an amazing chance to feel the vibrancy of the city.
Visit Thien Hau Temple (Ba Thien Hau Pagoda)
Thien Hau Pagoda is among the oldest temple of Chinese expats in Ho Chi Minh City. Besides the architectural and sculptural value, it serves as a place for faith and mutual assistance and support among both Chinese expats and Vietnamese people.
Reach Municipal Theatre of Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon Opera House)
Saigon Opera House, modelled after Opéra Garnier in Paris, is a smaller counterpart of Hanoi Opera House.
Its architecture follows the French flamboyant style during the Third Republic.
Or Have a half-day trip to Cu Chi Tunnel
Cu Chi Tunnel is a distinctive tourist destination for you to gain insight into the Vietnam Wars and Vietnam history. It served as a hiding spot for many Viet Cong soldiers. Besides, the tunnel was also a route serving communication and supplying food, medicine and weapons during fierce wars.
What’s more, Asian Record has recognised Cu Chi as the longest tunnel.
Day 2: Flight to Hanoi
The city of culture and history you may have the chance of seeing Hanoi Old Quarter, the French quarter as top things to do in Hanoi. Since you may get tired after a domestic flight from the South to Northern Vietnam, it is a good idea to do free walking tours in hanoi with local university students.
You are taken to main ancient streets to observe daily activities of local people. Habits of Northern people many differ from those of Southern ones. You will find them rather interesting!
Day 3: Natural Wonder Halong Bay
Start a 4-hour drive to Halong Bay and get on a cruise at noon as one of Best Things to do in Halong Bay
Have lunch while cruising through Stone Dog Islet and Burning Incense Islet
Vietnamese people consider Stone Dog Islet a sea guardian for the life on the bay.
Burning Incense Islet shaped like a giant incense in the middle of the sea
Visit Ba Hang fishing village for kayaking
Visit Fighting Cock Islet and Thien Cung Cave (Heavenly Palace)
Cruise back and return to Hanoi
Day 4 : Hanoi – Saigon
Pay a visit to Ho Chi Minh Complex
A Hanoi City Tour with AZ Local Trip leads you to Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum on Ba Dinh Square, Ho Chi Minh Stilt House, Ho Chi Minh Museum and One Pillar Pagoda.
One Pillar Pagoda with unique architecture is one of the symbols of Hanoi.
Overnight in Saigon
Day 5 : One Day Mekong Delta
The Mekong Delta, also known as The Nine Dragon river delta as it is formed by nine rivers, lies immediately to the west of Ho Chi Minh City (also called Saigon by locals), roughly forming a vast triangle stretching from My Tho in the east to Chau Doc and Ha Tien in the northwest, down to Ca Mau, and including Phu Quoc Island. It is also called the rice bowl of Vietnam as it pumps out more than a third of the country’s annual food crop from just ten percent of its total land mass. The Delta region displays a variety of physical landscape, from vast paddy files in the south to hills in the north and west. It’s a water world where boats, houses, and markets float upon the numerous rivers, canals and streams that crisscross the landscape like arteries.
Day 6 : Departure Saigon
The city has recovered in the 30 years since then, with the current population at over 7 million. It was renamed Ho Chi Minh City, after the spiritual leader of Vietnamese Communism, but residents were so reluctant to adopt the new name that authorities kept the official name but the city centre is still called Saigon. Today, Ho Chi Minh City is a popular tourist destination due to its fascinating culture, classic French architecture, and sleek skyscrapers as well as ornate temples and pagodas. The city is also filled with rooftop bars that overlook Saigon and beyond, while fantastic restaurants offer a combination of French, Chinese, and, of course, local Vietnamese cuisine.
Other destinations that are not mentioned in the 6 days in Vietnam above
Hoi An Ancient Town to Tra Que Village
Enjoy a relaxing stroll around Hoi An
Visit Tra Que Culinary Village
Once coming to Tra Que Village, you yourself will experience a working day of local farmers. You can hoe soil, plant, water vegetables on your own!
A cooking class is also available if you have interest!
My Son Holly Land to Da Nang
My Son Holly Land is regarded as one of the main centres of Hindu temples in Southeast Asia. In addition, UNESCO has selected this site as one of the most modern world heritage sites.
My Son acts as a good example of cultural exchange and as the only trace of disappeared Asian civilization.
Return to Da Nang and walk to Dragon Bridge crossing Han River in the evening
Dragon Bridge is seen as an undisputed icon of Da Nang The fire breathing performance is organised every on Saturday and Sunday evening.
Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island is worth being included in every visitor’s Vietnam Itinerary 6 days.
- Take a domestic flight to Phu Quoc Island
- Sunbathe at Long Beach
- Long Beach on Phu Quoc Island
- Watch the sunset at Duong Dong Harbour
- Stunning Duong Dong sunset view
- Go to Dinh Cau Night Market