What should you do when you visit Hanoi in the boiling weather? Thong Nhat Park is the perfect choice for you.
Besides, Thong Nhat Park Hanoi was regarded as the respect of Vietnamese to Lenin as well as the high expectation for the reunification of people all over the country in the war.
Thong Nhat Park from the high view
Some information about Thong Nhat Park Hanoi (Lenin Park Hanoi)
- Location: 130B Le Duan, Dong Da Ward, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
- Opening hours: Daily open at 7.00am and close at 10 p.m; The time visitors should visit: At 3 p.m
- Entrance fee: 4,000 VND/ person
Recommended time – Which special events take place in Thong Nhat Park?
- Lunar New Year’s Eve: Firework display over Thong Nhat Park to scare the evils away and herald a robust new year of good health and prosperity.
- Hoa Xuan festival (Spring Flowers Festival) is also held with thousands of various flowers and trees. A variety of flowers on Tet
- Bulgarian rose festival: It daily opens in Thong Nhat Park Hanoi on March 3 with 300 types of roses from across the world, including purebred rose varieties of Europe in general and Bulgaria in particular.
What is the appropriate time suggested for tourists?
- In summer, people coming to the park is quite crowded to avoid the
- In winter, due to the cold weather, the number of people is much lower.
You can go to Thong Nhat Park to see fireworks when celebrating Lunar New Year Eve
- A visitor can wear comfortable clothes and flat shoes or sandals to walk and take part in outdoor activities.
- Pay attention to pickpockets and thieves in public places.
- Don’t bring a lot of heavy packages.
- Bring a bottle of water or snacks for an interesting trip.
>>> Check out 20+ Top Things To Do In Hanoi (and the ONE thing NOT to do!) + MAPS<<<
What activities you can join in Thong Nhat Park?
With the total area of 0.5 square kilometers, Thong Nhat Park boasts an excellent playground as well as a training place for physical exercises and sports of locals. You can talk with them, take part in some activities to understand local daily lives.
A big sand yard for kids to play
- The elder in their pajamas can walk along the park.
- Mothers and old ladies carry out their exercise routine and chat heartily.
- Kids’ rides scattered throughout the park can best be described as rickety and rusty.
- Many Vietnamese flocks take advantage of the space made available for badminton courts and Chinese chess games.
>>> Get your own FREE ITINERARY PLANNING visiting Thong Nhat Park and other destinations
Inside Thong Nhat Park Hanoi lying a seven hectares lake called “Bay Mau Lake”
- People improve their health by sailing swan boats and taking in a cooling breeze.
- Couples may find their most peaceful and romantic place on the lake’s stream.
- At the weekend, it is the best place for families and couples to have a picnic on the grass cover of the park.
Fishing in the park
What stories behind Thong Nhat Park Hanoi?
Why and How Thong Nhat Park was formed?
In the late 1950s, the Hanoi People’s Committee, the city council launched a construction campaign to turn a large dumping site into the biggest central park for Hanoi people.
The project received great support from President Ho Chi Minh because of his determination to build a green lung for local residents.
>>> Check out Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum | Further insight into Vietnam Great Father<<<
The project was completed thanks to the aid of socialist volunteers including students of universities, employees, and officials in 1961.
A unique architecture inside the park
Another name of the park is Lenin Park in a tremendous attempt to show the allegiance to Leninism on the 110th birthday of Lenin in 1980.
The design of the park symbolized for the desire of all citizens’ reunification:
- The park was divided into different areas but concentrating on planting trees of all 3 regions
- In the middle of the park was a big road expressing the hope for unification of the nation and looking towards the lake where placed Peace and Reunification islands.
- It preserved the historical imprint of Vietnam, particularly the banyan tree planted by Uncle Ho.
Nowadays, many leaders of Vietnam and other countries in the world have come here to grow a memorial tree.
That is considered as the historical mark of a fascinating Hanoi which has risen up in the smoke of war and has developed continuously.
Meaning of “Thong Nhat”
- Upon its completion, Vietnam was still divided into two parts including North Vietnam and South Vietnam.
- The park was named as the Reunification Park. In Vietnamese, “Reunification” means “Thong Nhat”.
- The park name shows the strong will of the North to be reunited with the South.
If you need further information about what to do in Hanoi, feel free to contact us. AZ Local Team is always here to help!