You are planning a trip to Sapa but getting confused because there are a lot of recommendations of duration as well as the route on the internet? You're wondering What to do in Sapa for 2 days?
Based on my experience in Sapa for several times, the ideal duration to stay in Sapa is less than a week. However, if you do not have a lot of time to travel but still want to spend time in Sapa, I highly suggest you stay here for 2 days and 1 night.
Although you may think that staying in Sapa for 2 days 1 night is not long enough, do not worry, I will give you some recommendations and advice to help you make the most of time here.
Moreover, there would be some route options to give you a clearer understand of a 2-day 1-night Sapa trip. You can follow these routes or you can make your own route.
In addition, if you are still wondering how to travel in Sapa, we - AZ local trip - have some package tours to help you visit here without worrying.
Tourists are impressed with the terraces in Sapa
Firstly, there are some tourist information I want to provide to make sure you can have a best Sapa itinerary 2 days
- Time: You can come here anytime in a year but the recommended time in a year would be: March-May and September – November, as it is sunny in daytime and cooler in the nighttime.
However, the best period to visit here is from April to May as the Sapa is full of color of flowers and fields so you can take a lot of beautiful photos.
There are a lot of hotels here having beautiful view
- Transport: There are a lot of transports you can choose to visit Sapa such as motorbike, car, train… But with the duration of 2 days 1 night, I suggest you choose a car as it only takes 4-5 hours to travel from Hanoi to Sapa.
If you want to travel by train, your trip must start 7-8 hours earlier so as to have more time in Sapa.
It is possible to travel here by motorbike but there are a lot of things to care for as the route, fuels, weather… so I do not think you should choose motorbike to come to Sapa.
3-star train to Sapa has attracted a lot of tourists
Have had a 2 day 1 night Sapa once, I will show you my route to help you imagine what to do in Sapa for 2 days
Day 1 – Sapa and the first impression about local lives here.
- Your trip starts in the early morning when getting in the car at 6.00 am, then you will arrive in Sapa after 5-6 hours. It will be the time for lunch and relax to get energy for the trip in the afternoon.
- In the afternoon, I strongly advise you to visit first Cat Cat and Ta Van village. The most interesting here is that you can explore the unique culture and customs of locals here with traditional crafts such as weaving cloth, silver carving, forging tools…
Cat Cat village during spring
- In the evening, you can try some traditional dishes in Sapa such as 5-color sticky rice, or barbecue… There are some famous restaurants in Sapa center you visit to get the original tastes of Sapa food.
- The night is free for you to explore Sapa yourself. If you visit Sapa on Saturday night, you will have the chance to attend Cho tinh - An occasion for single people to meet others – which is a traditional culture in North West area.
Sapa is beautiful in winter with snow
Day 2 – A day to see Sapa from the top view
- In the morning, there are 2 options for you: Reach the top of Fansipan or visit Taphin village.
- Fansipan – the roof of Vietnam – has made me overwhelm with the site from the cable car to the top of the mountain. You can spend the whole morning here and get the fresh air of the height of 3.143meter.
Mountain train to Fansipan cable car
- Or you can continue to explore the lives of locals in Sapa when visiting Taphin village. I highly recommend you to try bathing with Dao leafs as here has the best quality of this service in Sapa.
- You can back to Sapa center and have salmon for lunch in a restaurant here. Sapa is famous for the salmon salad due to a cool weather all time in a year.
- In the afternoon, you can visit Ham Rong Mountain. From here, you can visit the flower garden and the Sky Gate and when you reach the top of the mountain, you can see the whole view of Sapa from the top. You can also choose to visit Silver waterfall in the afternoon or go shopping to buy some souvenirs in Sapa.
Ham Rong Mountain is a must-go place for anyone coming to Sapa
- After visiting these place, you should have a dinner before getting back to Hanoi.
- Local tips
We hope after this post, you can answer the question "What to do in Sapa for 2 days?". Moreover, there are some local tips you should notice while traveling in Sapa:
- If you come here in weekend, summer or winter, you should book the car seat and hotel room in advance due to the high volume of travelers coming here during these periods.
- While visiting Sapa, especially villages, do not give local children money or buy any souvenirs from them. This can make them drop off from school to earn money.
- Always take care of your things while traveling to avoid scams
- Bring along a jacket even in summer because the temperature is somehow low during the daytime.
- Medicine is necessary while traveling in Sapa.
- Hire a local tour guide to help you understand more about the places in Sapa
- Wear sport shoes rather than high heels because you will have to climb the mountain a lot.
For more information, feel free to contact us – AZ local trip – to get further explanation and recommendation.