Most of the tourists coming to Ninh Binh choose a boat trip to visit many destinations. However, there are several other transportations which can help you to explore the beauty of Ninh Binh.
Motorbike has been chosen to travel in Ninh Binh
As a local, I always take a day trip to Ninh Binh from Hanoi by motorbike, I feel that Ninh Binh motorbike trip is much more interesting. When I hire a motorbike to travel, I can contemplate freely paddy rice fields and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of this old capital.
For people who love to discover Ninh Binh in a comfortable way, check out Ninh Binh one day Tours. For ones who prefer freely exploring Ninh Binh on your own, you can choose a motorbike as your Ninh Binh partner trip.
Just had a small trip to Ninh Binh, I have some information and some tips for anyone who choose rental motorbike in Ninh Binh to experience all the best here.
Some places for Ninh Binh Motorbike Rental
First of all, I suggest that you come to Ninh Binh in a car and then rent a motorbike to explore all the destinations. There are some places leasing motorbikes for tourists but I recommend these two stores as the quality of motorbikes are quite good and easy to find:
- Ngo Quyen store: No.21, Lane 10 Trang An street, Ninh Binh province ( opposite to Trang An Gate)
- Local Store: No.800 Tran Hung Dao street, Tan Thanh, Ninh Binh province.
While traveling in Ninh Binh, you have a lot of things to notice
A mesmerizing view of Mua Cave – the best way to get to Mua Cave is absolutely by motorbike!
Wherever I rent a motorbike, there are some tips I always notice to make sure the quality of the bike for safety and I think you should do so
- Never rent a too old bike although it is cheaper, so you must ask for the lease before renting.
- Check the bike carefully, especially the brake, motorbike’s horn, vehicle lights.
- Keep the renting paper and keys carefully to avoid getting lost.
- Remember to fill full the gas before you travel to Trang An as there is not any gas station.
- While traveling, remember to bring the full documents, obey traffic laws everywhere, including in the tourist area.
How much? – Motorbike Rental Ninh Binh price
The company will usually charge per 24 hours. When you rent for a day. the price you pay will vary depending on where you are, whether the bike is older or new, and an automatic or a manual one. In some places, you may have a discount for a weekly rental, most will for a monthly hire term.
The budget of motorbike rental is quite reasonable in Ninh Binh
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire)
The budget is about 120.000 to 200.000 VND per day or 800.000 to 1.200.000 VND for monthly rental. It depends on your motorbike preference.
There are some destinations in Ninh Binh that easy to reach when you travel by motorbike.
Depend on your trip duration, you can choose the number of these destinations to allow motorbikes to visit
1. Phat Diem stone church
The church with the most harmonious combination of Western and Eastern architecture and is considered as the “Catholic Capital” of Vietnam.
The unique architecture of Phat Diem church
Tips when visiting here
- The parking fees here is free.
- There is a delicious pancake food stall near the church.
- Wear formal clothes when visiting here.
2. Mua cave
As “The Great Wall” of Vietnam, the way to Mua Cave consists of 486 stairs. You will get overwhelmed with the view when you reach the top. The way to Mua cave is quite easy, so it is highly recommended to travel by motorbike.
View on the top of Mua cave
Tips when visiting here
- Bring along a bottle of water while climbing to the cave.
- There is a parking lot with free parking price right at the entrance. So remember to go straight to the entrance rather than stop at the road site and follow locals.
3. Cuc Phuong national park
Cuc Phuong National Park is an ideal place to explore Vietnamese natural ecosystem.
You can leave the motorbike at the entrance and choose to walk in or rent a bike to explore the park.
Endangered species in Cuc Phuong national park
4. Tuyet Tinh Coc cave
The magic and a unique scene in Ninh Binh, Vietnam.
The peaceful and poetic scenery in Tuyet Tinh Coc
Tips when visiting here
- Bring a bike lock to preserve property.
- Bring water to avoid thirsty while visiting here.
An overwhelming site in Ninh Binh
You might want to know:
Useful Tips for Motorbike Rental/ Scooter Rental in Ninh Binh
Bringing a driving license
In Vietnam, to use International Driving Permit issued by countries who signed the Vienna 1968 Convention on Road Traffic you will need to bring your national driver’s license issued by your country. Notice that
- You national driver’s license and IDP must not be expired.
- You can only drive the class which your national driver’s license allows you to drive.
For example. If your national driver’s license is for a car, you can use it to drive a car only, you cannot use it to drive any other vehicle that requires a license to drive in Vietnam.
To convert your home country license to a Vietnam driver’s license, you will need:
- A valid passport with 3-month Visa.
- A form requesting a driver’s license issuance.
- A certified copy of your national driver’s license.
- A Vietnamese translated version of your national driver’s license that is issued by Authorized Organization.
- A certified copy of your passport ( photo page and visa page).
- Three 3×4 cm ID photos ( the photo will be taken at the place of submission).
- A fee of 135.000 VND (6.14 US$) per license.
How to check the motorbike functional?
Below are useful tips to check motorbike Before you start your Ninh Binh discovery:
- Check out the bike carefully to find out any existing damage. Take photos of these marks on your phone as evidence. Therefore, the company will have a solution if the motorbike has any problem.
- Sit on the bike and bounce up and down – make sure the suspension is working
- Check the adjustment of mirrors and affirm that you can see behind you.
- Ride the bike and check for size comfort (your knees should not be forced to stick out)
- Test the brakes (some bikes have rear and front, some have both – know what you have)
- Check the acceleration – sometimes you will need to get out of the way of some “crazy drivers” quickly
- You can choose bikes with thicker tires (thin tires and gravel will be your “Objective reason” for an accident)
- Helmet – Safety always first!
Once you get the motorbike, try using it without any dents, scratches and damages. It’s bad luck if you did it unintentionally. The contract you sign always has a sentence: “you hire the bike in prime condition”. Unfortunately, if you return the motorbike with any additional dents, you will get paid for this. Some companies might use this excuse to receive extra fine this way.
These are some highlights when you choose Ninh Binh motorbike rental, If you have any further questions – feel free to contact us AZ local trip for more explanation and recommendation.