Thong Nhat Park (Reunification Park), Hanoi
What should you do when you visit to Hanoi in the boiling weather? And Thong Nhat Park is the perfect choice for you.
Besides, Thong Nhat Park Hanoi was regarded as the respect of Vietnamese to Lenin as well as the high expectation for the reunification of people all over the country in the war.
- Location: 130B Le Duan, Dong Da ward, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
- Opening hours: Daily open at 7.00am and close at 10p.m; The time visitors should visit: At 3p.m
- Entrance fee: 4,000 VND/ person
Recommended time: Which special events take place in Thong Nhat Park?
Lunar New Year's Eve: Firework display over Thong Nhat Park to scare the evils away and herald a robust new year of good health and prosperity.
Hoa Xuan festival (Spring Flowers Festival) is also held with thousands of various flowers and trees. A variety of flowers on Tet
Bulgarian rose festival: It daily opens in Thong Nhat Park Hanoi on March 3 with 300 types of roses from across the world, including purebred rose varieties of Europe in general and Bulgaria in particular.
What is appropriate time suggested for tourists?
- In summer, people coming to the park is quite crowded to avoid the
- In winter, due to the cold weather, the number of people is much lower.
- Visitor can wear comfortable clothes and flat shoes or sandals to walk and take part in outdoor activities.
- Pay attention to pickpockets and thieves in public places.
- Don’t bring a lot of heavy package.
- Bring a bottle of water or snacks for an interesting trip.
What activities you can join in Thong Nhat Park?
With the total area of 50ha, Thong Nhat Park boasts an excellent playground as well as a training place for physical exercises and sports of locals. You can talk with them, take part in some activities to understand local daily lives.
- The elder in their pijamas can walk along the park.
- Mothers and old ladies carry out their exercise routine and chat heartily.
- Kids’ rides scattered throughout the park can best be described as rickety and rusty.
- Many Vietnamese flocks take advantage of the space made available for badminton courts and Chinese chess games.
Inside Thong Nhat Park Hanoi lying a seven hectares lake called “Bay Mau Lake”
- People improve their heath by sailing swan boats and taking in cooling breeze.
- Couples may find their most peaceful and romantic place on the lake’s stream.
- At weekend, it is the best place for families and couples to have a picnic on the grass cover of the park.
What stories behind Thong Nhat Park Hanoi?
Why and How Thong Nhat Park was formed?
- In the late 1950s, the Hanoi People’s Committee, the city council launched a construction campaign to turn a large dumping site into the biggest central park for Hanoi people.
- The project received a great support from the President Ho Chi Minh because of his determination to build a green lung for local residents.
The project was completed thanks to the aid of socialist volunteers including students of universities, employees, and officials in 1961.
- Another name of the park is Lenin Park in a tremendous attempt to show the allegiance to Leninism on the 110th birthday of Lenin in 1980.
- The design of the park symbolized for the desire of all citizens’ reunification:
- The park was divided into different areas but concentrating on planting trees of all 3 regions
- In the middle of the park was a big road expressing the hope for unification of the nation and looking towards the lake where placed Peace and Reunification islands.
- It preserved the historical imprint of Vietnam, particularly the banyan tree planted by Uncle Ho.
The banyan tree planted by Uncle Ho
- Nowadays, many leaders of Vietnam and other countries in the world has come here to grow a memorial tree.
That is considered as the historical mark of a fascinating Hanoi which has risen up in the smoke of war and has developed continuously.
Meaning of “Thong Nhat”
- Upon its completion, Vietnam was still divided in two parts including the North Vietnam and the South Vietnam.
- The park was named as the Reunification Park. In Vietnamese, “Reunification” means “Thong Nhat”.
- The park name shows the strong will of the North to be reunited with the South.