Have you ever heard of Uncle Ho – the most beloved Vietnamese president of all time? Or you know about him but there are a lot of mysterious things making you curious? Ho Chi Minh museum - one of the places in Ho Chi Minh Complex - has all the answers to your curiousness.
So what about visiting the museum and gaining knowledge of the greatest man in Vietnamese history, I will give you all information from the opening hours, ticket price, dress code to the meaning of this museum to Vietnamese
1. Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi Tourist information
No.19 Ngoc Ha street, Ba Dinh district.
Ho Chi Minh Museum Opening Hours
- Every day except Monday and Friday afternoon
- 8:00 – 12:00 / 14:00 – 16:30
- Monday and Friday: 8:00 – 12:00
- Visitors are highly advised to spend 1.5 – 2 hours here.
- 14:00 – 16:00 are the ideal time due to the low number of visitors.
- The museum is a quite formal place to Vietnamese. So you should wear formal clothes or at least long clothes such as jeans, pants, T-shirts, shirts….
- Shorts, Crop top,.. are strongly avoided.
Ho Chi Minh Museum Entrance Fee (Ticket Price)
- 40.000 VND (~ 1.9 US$)/Adult
- Discount 50% for student with ID card and chirldren under 14 years old
- If you come here by bus, ask the driver or assistant to remind you when arrive.
- Food is not allowed here so you should bring a small water bottle only in case you get thirsty during the visit.
- Do not make noise inside the museum. Nobody wants to be distracted while exploring history.
- If possible, hire a tour guide or find a local who knows the history well so that he/she can explain more details of artifacts to you.
>>> See more: What to do in Hanoi 2019?
2. Transportation to Ho Chi Minh Museum in Hanoi
- The distance from Hoan Kiem Lake to the museum is about 3 kilometers so it is easy to come here by various transportation. We highly recommend that you travel here by bus because of its convenience and low price.
- However, there are some other choices such as taxi or motorbike. There are parking lots for visitors traveling here themselves with quite low parking price.
- You can possibly walk to the museum but it takes up to 40 minutes so you should consider carefully.
One of the clothes Uncle Ho used when he was young
3. Introduction of Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi
History and architecture
- Designed by a Russian architect, Ho Chi Minh museum was constructed on 31st August 1985.
- With enthusiastic help from Russian, Ho Chi Minh museum was established on 19th May 1990 to celebrate the 100th birthday of Ho Chi Minh president.
- The building is a square, beveled corners with the 20m height of three floors and the length of 70 meters.
- Constructed in a white lotus symbol, the museum reminiscent of Sen Village, Ho Chi Minh’s homeland.
Divisions of Sections
There are 3 main parts displayed in Ho Chi Minh museum
A part of the bedroom in Uncle Ho house is exhibited in the museum
Part 1: The story of personal and revolutionary life of Uncle Ho with Vietnamese. There are several smaller topics in this part:
- The first one is about his childhood and adolescence.
His house in Sen Village, his hometown is simulated
- The second topic concerns the next ten years when Ho Chi Minh traveled around the world to find out a way to rescue the country from colonialism.
- The next three topics cover 1920-1945 period and display how Ho Chi Minh had translated the influence of Marxism and Leninism ideal into founding Vietnamese Communist party and strived for national independence.
- From 1945 to 1969. Topic 6 and 7 show the time-frame portrayed of national hero was primarily discussed in his political life up until his pass away.
Part 2: Exhibitions of Vietnam, the war and how the Vietnamese gained the victory under the direction of Ho Chi Minh President.
Some artifacts of Ho Chi Minh president
Part 3: Presence of some world historical events, which had an impact on the revolutionary life of Ho Chi Minh president as well as the Vietnam revolution.
Statue of “Ho Chi Minh with a foreign president’
Some information on the museum’s display
- With more than 20.000 books written about Ho Chi Minh which have been modernized, a museum is a perfect place for anyone who is interested in Ho Chi Minh’s life and career.
The desk which Ho Chi Minh used during Vietnam revolution.
- Moreover, hundreds of artifacts, documents, pictures, and videos can bring visitors into the past, to understand all the efforts of Ho Chi Minh leading a country to the freedom.
- With the mixture of tradition and modern, personal life and revolutionary career, Ho Chi Minh museum is getting more and more attention of not only local but also foreign tourists.
>>> Get a FREE ITINERARY PLANNING for Hanoi days <<<
4. Ho Chi Minh Museum's Meaning to Locals and Tourists
- The museum is an important building, a priceless property of Vietnamese as housing many artifacts of Ho Chi Minh.
- In addition, it is a symbol of Vietnamese hundred-year tradition of showing respect to the greatest Vietnamese man of all times.
- To the tourist, the museum helps them get deeper understand and clear view of Ho Chi Minh’s life, especially during 2 wars,.. by many stories which are seldom published in a book or on the internet overseas.
A statue of Uncle Ho inside the museum
5. Related Tour to Ho Chi Minh Museum
AZ Local Trip now are having some trips going around Hanoi named City tours that pass by Ho Chi Minh including the museum. These trips are provided a tour guide to explain the information of all the destination in the route. Don't hesitate to book a tour with us. Our guide will go along with you to tell you about Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Museum.
Attraction nearby Ho Chi Minh Museum
Address: Hung Vuong street, Ba Dinh district.
Ba Dinh Square – the whole view
Address: No.2 Hung Vuong street.
- Ho Chi Minh’s stilt house: where Uncle Ho stayed from 1958 until when he passed away.
Address: No.19 Ngoc Ha street.
A place attached with Ho Chi Minh’s life
- Hoa Lo Prison: A place help visitors understand the crime of French during the war in Vietnam
Address: No.1 Hoa Lo Street.
Hoa Lo prison by night
If you have any question, feel free to ask us. AZ Local Trip always here to help you make the most of your day in Hanoi!