You have arrived in Hanoi and do not know what to do in the next 6 days? Or you are planning to spend 6 days in Hanoi? or how your Hanoi Itinerary 6 days should be?
The first thing I want to inform you that: You are so lucky to have chosen the right duration for your trip to explore the beauty of the North of Vietnam!
6 days is a perfect duration that you can visit 3-4 Vietnam Northern provinces included Hanoi without worrying of any rush while traveling. This duration also helps you to choose the destinations easily to fit with your travel-mate as family, couple, friends, or even solo.
Check out our recommended route below and find out which one is most suitable for you.
Also, there are things to do there, tips from local and travel experts in each recommendation.
1. Hanoi Itinerary 6 days in brief
- Routes: There are several options for the routes which have about 3-4 destinations for you to choose the most suitable one.
- Hanoi – Sapa – Ha Long – Hanoi. ( 2 days in Hanoi, 2 days in Sapa, 2 days in Halong Bay)
- Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Ha Long – Hanoi. (3 days in Hanoi, 1 day in Ninh Binh, 2 days in Halong)
- Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Ha Long – Sapa – Hanoi. ( 2 days in Hanoi, 1 day in Ninh Binh, 1 days in Ha Long, 2 days in Sapa)
To help you understand more about the route, I will show you the details of each route.
2. Detailed of Hanoi Itinerary 6 Days
2.1. OPTION 1: Hanoi – Sapa – Ha Long – Hanoi. ( 2 days in Hanoi, 2 days in Sapa, 2 days in Halong Bay)
Sapa and Ha Long are the most two attractive destinations in the North of Vietnam. With the Hanoi Itinerary 6 Days, we will help you to visit the highlight places in each destination and have the best time in Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi city tour with free local tours guides
- Visit Hanoi Old Quarter such as Hoan Kiem lake, Ma May ancient house, O Quan Chuong – the old gate, Dong Xuan market…in the morning. ? ? ?
- There are two activities to do in the afternoon: Learn how to do pottery in Bat Trang pottery village, or visit some local sites such as Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, one pillar pagoda…
- Drink beer with some locals to understand more about Hanoi nightlife.
- There are more recommendation in our post One day in Hanoi
Day 2: Hanoi – Halong
- Leave for Halong in the early morning and get there at 12 am. Then get on a cruise to visit some caves in Halong as Sung Sot (Surprise) Cave, Thien Cung cave… in the afternoon.
- At night, you can try squid fishing to understand more the way the fish men work.
- Check our post “2 days in Hanoi” for more suggestions
Day 3: Halong – Hanoi – Sapa
- Continue visiting some places in Halong as Thien Canh Son, Titop Island…in the morning.
- 2 hour traveling back to Hanoi in the afternoon, try some local foods in Hanoi like Snail noodle, Pho…
- Get on a night train to Sapa.
- There are other options in our 3 days in Hanoi
Day 4: Sapa
- Arrive in Sapa in the early morning, take some rest then start visiting Cat cat village.
- Visit Taphin village in the afternoon.
- Go around Sapa center to get to know the nightlife here.
- See more in 4 days in Hanoi
Day 5: Sapa – Hanoi
- Get on a cable car and go to the top of Fansipan.
- Spend time in Silver Waterfall and Heaven Gate in the afternoon.
- Get back to Hanoi on train at night.
- For more information, you can check our post “5 days in Hanoi”.
Day 6: Hanoi
- Arrive in Hanoi and have a free morning to explore Hanoi yourself.
- Afternoon is the time for food and shopping in Hanoi.
- Free night in Hanoi.
2.2. OPTION 2: Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Halong – Hanoi.
Coming to the North of Vietnam, visitors are curious about Halong which was known as one of seven new wonders of the world. Then, I recommend you to visit Ninh Binh also which are said as “Halong on land”. With a Hanoi Itinerary 6 Days, you will have the chance to visit nearly all the destinations in each place but still no need to rush. Hanoi, Ninh Binh, Halong will definitely impress you after this trip.
Day 1: Hanoi
- Arrive in Hanoi then start your journey with the Old Quarter in the morning. You can start with Hoan Kiem lake, Ma May ancient house, Dong Xuan market…
- Time for eating and enjoying. Try local dishes like Pho, Snail noodle rice, kebab rice noodle… immediately to understand why Hanoian, as well as Vietnamese, are proud of it.
- Understand the daily life and the local food is not enough. Drinking beer on Ta Hien street at night will help you get a complete understand of Hanoi life.
Day 2: Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Hanoi.
- Leave for Ninh Binh in the early morning then you can visit Tam Coc caves right in the morning to save time.
- Trang An is the next destination you can visit in the afternoon. Then get back to Hanoi.
- Free night for you in Hanoi to explore this capital yourself.
Day 3: Hanoi – Halong
- Arrive in Halong in the morning and visit caves here for the whole day on a cruise.
- Visit Tuan Chau Island and see Dolphin show.
Day 4: Halong
- Get amused in Dragon park complex included Water Park and Amusement Park.
- Free night in Halong
Day 5: Halong – Hanoi
- Afternoon is the time for shopping in Hanoi.
- Watching Hanoi water puppet show in the evening.
Day 6: Hanoi
- Bat Trang pottery is the destination in the morning.
- In the afternoon, you can visit some local sites like Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, One pillar pagoda, West Lake.
- The last night in Hanoi is free for you.
2.3. OPTION 3: Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Halong – Sapa – Hanoi (2 days in Hanoi, 1 day in Ninh Binh, 2 days in Sapa, 1 day in Halong)
This route will help you have a clearer view about the north of Hanoi as visit 4 most famous destinations. However, Hanoi Itinerary 6 Days is somehow rusher and you will have less free time to explore the destinations yourself.
Day 1: Hanoi city tour
- Your trip starts with local sites such as Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, Vietnam Museum of Ethnology…in Hanoi in the morning.
- In the afternoon, visit the Old Quarter and try the local food here.
- Drink beer on Ta Hien and understand more about the nightlife.
Day 2: Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Sapa
- Arrive in Ninh Binh then visit Hoa Lu old capital in the morning
- Trang An will be best visited in the afternoon then travel back to Hanoi.
- Get on a night train to Sapa.
Day 3: Sapa
- Cat cat village is the first place for you after arriving in here.
- In the afternoon, visit Ta Phin village and market town.
- Join in some locals activities to understand the nightlife.
Day 4: Sapa – Hanoi
- Get to the top of Fansipan by cable car.
- In the afternoon, you can visit Silver Waterfall and Heaven Gate.
- Get back to Hanoi on a train at night.
Day 5: Hanoi – Halong – Hanoi.
- After arriving in Halong, get on a cruise and visit caves there for the whole day.
- Back to Hanoi in the evening.
Day 6: Hanoi
- Visit Vietnam Museum of Ethnology to understand the variety of Vietnamese ethnic.
- Spend the afternoon shopping around Hanoi.
- In the evening, go to Hanoi water puppet show and enjoy the show.
That is all for our Hanoi Itinerary 6 Days. If you wonder anything, feel free contact us – AZ local trip for more explanation and further recommendation.