There are lots of organizations in Hanoi providing free tour guide services and professional tour guides in English and other languages here we will give you a list of these organization in Hanoi.
1. Free Tour Guides in Hanoi Mean?
The local tour guides are mainly local university student guides volunteers who provide guide services out of their own goodwill. This must be a very unique experience that only sees in Vietnam where lots of students tend to study languages by taking travelers around the city.
Free Local Tour Guides on CNN
And on Channel 8 Singapore Channel
2. Expenses during the free tour you are responsible for
While the free tour guiding services are totally free of charge, you are responsible for the expenses below:
- TRAVEL EXPENSES INCURRED BY THE free tour GUIDE while conducting a tour for the guests. These include any and all public transportation fees, taxi fares incurred after meeting the guest at the appointed meeting place. Guests are not responsible for costs incurred by the guide while traveling to or from the meeting place both before and after the tour period. ADMISSION FEES to museums, temples, events, etc. incurred by the guide while providing guide services.
- MEALS ate by the guide while providing his or her services to the guest(s).
3. Commonly offered tours by Hanoi free tour guides organization
- FULL DAY (normally start at 9:00 and finish at around 15:00)
Option F1: Ho Chi Minh Complex, Temple of Literature, Sword Lake area and Old Quarter
Option F2: Temple of Literature, West lake area, Hoa Lo Prison and Museum of Ethnology
Option F3: Museum of Ethnology and Old Quarter (including Long Bien bridge)
Option F4: Old Quarter or Museum of Ethnology and Bat Trang pottery village
- HALF DAY (normally start at 9:00 for the morning, 14:00 for the afternoon and 18:00 for the evening)
Option H1: Old Quarter and French Quarter
Option H2: Museum of Ethnology
Option H3: Bat Trang pottery village
Option H4: Ho Chi Minh complex, Temple of Literature and West lake area
Option H5: Food tour (only available for the evening tour)
>>> Check this out to know what free tours can be provided
I. Hanoi Free Tour Guides Organizations
1. AZlocal NPO Tour Guide in Hanoi
Grab the chance to make friends with locals
AZ Local Non-Profit Organization or AZ NPO is a non-profit organization of AZ Travel International, a joint venture of the organization that brings “Change the image of Vietnam in the eyes of international visitors”. “The country of Vietnam, not only the history of blood, beautiful scenery, delicious food, but also wonderful people.” ”
“We established AZlocal NPO including a group of young Vietnamese students, ages 16-21, working as non-profit volunteering guides taking foreign travelers around Hanoi city for free.”
- The students participating in the program have the opportunity to exchange culture, add foreign languages, improve living skills (Lecture, communication, problem-solving).
- International visitors have the opportunity to understand the beauty of Vietnam from the perspective of young people who will be the future of the S-shaped country.
With local students, you can experience all the authentic and trending things of the city
- Website: https://azlocaltrip.com/about-us/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AZlocaltrip
2. Hanoi Free Local Tours
“Hanoi Free Local Tours is an organization which was established and managed by a group of students and working people. We are young people who are passionate about English, love the culture and history of Vietnam. Therefore, we use English to help foreign people and to introduce Vietnamese culture to international tourists.
Besides, this is a good environment for us to improve skills and language that are necessary for the international working environment of our future. Our organization has been managed in a professional model by the founders and members. Every month, members have a general meeting to summarize all activities of the club.”
This is a chance for local students to improve language and also a chance for tourists to have a deep understanding of Vietnam under the young generation perspective
Notes: Hanoi Free Local Tours focus more on the local experiences.
3. Hanoi Kids
Hanoikids is a voluntary English club established in May 2006 in Hanoi. With the aim of creating a new and effective English learning environment for students, the main activity of Hanoikids is to guide volunteer tours for foreign tourists in Hanoi.
After 10 years of operation, up to now, the club has become a strong organization with members from numerous universities in Hanoi. In addition to tourist guide activities with an increasingly affirmed position in the heart of international tourists, the club is constantly expanding its influence through cultural activities towards the community.
- Website: hanoikids.org
- Tel: +84 162 743 8686
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Hanoi Free Tour Guides
Hanoi Free Tour Guides offering many languages to serve more tourists from all over the world visiting Vietnam
Hanoi Free Tour Guides (HFTGs) is a social non-profit organization founded and run by a group of students and ex-students since January 2010.
- To give on-going support and assistance towards the Vietnamese tourist industry.
- To better promote communication, cultural exchange among students and people of different countries.
- To offer a wider choice of employment for young people who are intended to acquire knowledge and develop their skills to their full potential.
- To provide an extensive access to education and vocational training for the poor, disadvantaged and contribute to the community empowerment.
- Website: http://hanoifreetourguides.com
- Email: email@example.com
Notes: Hanoi Free Tour Guides offering many languages as they mention “ We have English, Chinese, French, Russian, Korean, Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian and Vietnamese speaking volunteer guides. It is Hanoi Free Tour Guides’ great effort to extend our services in more languages to serve more tourists from all over the world visiting our country.”
5. Hanoi Free Walking Tours
“Hanoi Free Walking Tours is a non-profit organization established in 2012 by a group of university students. Driven by the desire to introduce appealing sceneries, unique lifestyle and thousand-year cultural identity of Hanoi, we hope to be the travelling companions along your journey. Our members, enthusiastic young ones, are always eager to make friends with people around the world and explore charming Hanoi together.”
- Website: https://www.hanoifreewalkingtours.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HanoiFreeWalkingTours
6. Hanoi Ebuddies
“Hanoi e.Buddies is a voluntary organization which was born in 2013 in Hanoi, Viet Nam. By taking voluntary city tours in Hanoi, we want to introduce the beauty of Ha Noi to the international tourists as well as help travelers to have a deep understanding of Ha Noi, our culture and human of Ha Noi.
Moreover, Hanoi e.Buddies is such a good and dynamic environment for self-development of the local students.”
A free tour to St. Joseph’s Cathedral – French Quarter of Hanoi
- Website: https://hanoiebuddies.com.vn/
- Tripadvisor Review: https://goo.gl/ymLcUg
7. Hanoi Etrip Free Tour
Hanoi Free Tours By Foot is a non-profit club in Vietnam, which was founded in 2017 providing highly-qualified tours for foreign tourists to visit around Hanoi City such as Hanoi Old Quarter tour, French Quarter tour, tour to Bat Trang Pottery Village, etc. The tour guides are young, enthusiastic and knowledgeable volunteering students.
They are surely to bring interesting knowledge about Vietnamese culture, ritual, history or even politics to native guests. Moreover, the organization also give tourists helpful pieces of advice about how to rent a cheap homestay in Sapa, how to book an open bus from Hanoi to Da Nang, etc. Come to join and be served as king.
- Website: http://hanoifreetoursbyfoot.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Hanoi Free Private Tour Guides
Supplying free services for foreign visitors:
- Hanoi free private tour guide does free guiding with the aims of supplying free services for foreign visitors.
Take a free tour to visit Hanoi Train Street – a unique destination of the city
- 200 members are always ready to pick up guests. 300+ tours have been taken, and we are heading to 1000 tours within 2016. 40+ nations are where our guests come from.
Advertising Vietnam’s beauty: humans, sceneries, customs, cultures, cuisine. chances for Vietnamese young generation to meet and learn from global citizens. “We not only show you my country but also learn more from you.”
- Website: http://hanoifreeprivatetourguide.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Hanoifreeprivatetourguide/
II. Professional Hanoi Tour Guide organization
When contact for these tour guides from the following organization you will pay for the whole tour instead of paying directly to the guides.
The prices of the tour will depend on the seasons and types of tours you request for:
1. Buffalo Tours
“At Buffalo Tours, we specialise in tailor-made, guided tours to Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Japan, as well as multi-country tours across the region.
We offer an expansive portfolio of tours carefully crafted to showcase the very best of Asia. Our travel experts create tailor-made travel packages to match all your travel preferences and needs.”
A trip to Sapa is best with the help of a professional tour guide
- Website: https://www.buffalotours.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Buffalo.Tours.Travel
2. AZ Local Trip
AZ Local Trip stands on a great service by being enthusiastic assistants helping you plan itinerary for free and offers the most stable and quality-trusted services.
Making sure you have a safety, emotional trip and collect one-and-only experiences from each (the best) view of Vietnamese life is AZ Local Trip’s aim. As a third party in the chain, AZ Local Trip definitely faces the doubt of tourists. With the published information and committed service, AZ stands here serving you.
3. Sinh Tourist
A coffee house located in Pham Ngu Lao Street had welcomed many travelers throughout the world who wanted to stop for a cup of coffee and making the plan for their upcoming travel. Since then “The travel stories with cups of coffee” had begun its first pages.
The need of travelers had made Sinh Cafe feel that it is necessary to introduce travelers its Vietnam country, its culture, its people with its friendly instinct and hospitality. Sinh Cafe was the first in Saigon who has provided travelers with travel information and transport to ease their travel.
- Website: https://www.thesinhtourist.vn/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesinhtourist
Above is the list of both free and professional tour guide you can trust when traveling to Vietnam. If you have any question, feel free to ask us!