Halong is suitable for a 2 day 1 night trip with a lot of attractions during the daytime. However, Halong Bay Nightlife often makes tourists, especially those who have less experience or newcomers, confused about where to go. So what about Halong bay nightlife?
Let’s AZ Local Trip explain your confusion!
It is highly recommended for tourists to go to Halong night market or keep the peace in your soul by walking along the beach.
The alluring charm of Halong Bay at night
In this post, I will show you more clearly how to get relaxed and entertained with Halong Bay nightlife.
I will give you some information, advice, as well as tips about traveling in Halong bay night. I also want to recommend some destinations to help you get some ideas of visiting Halong at night, thus, you can make your own route.
Some destinations are greatly suggested based on my local experience and also some reviews of other visitors. In the post, I will recommend the most 3 interesting destinations to explore Halong bay by night.
Lists of Halong Bay nightlife activities
1. Halong Night Market
Halong City Night Market is a destination that can’t be missed when tourists take the discovery of Halong Bay Nightlife. Located in the center of Halong city, nearby the beach, with a favorable location, Ha long night market has attracted plenty of travelers when they come to Halong Bay.
There are a lot of interesting activities in the market so many tourists come here not for just souvenirs but also for these intriguing activities.
The Halong Bay night market opening hours are daily from 6.00 pm until midnight but I recommend you to come here around 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm as the volume of tourists is not so high and it would be easier for you to go shopping around rather than squeezing in the crowd.
Most of the tourists visit the Halong night market and buy some souvenirs such as necklaces, wooden products, clothes, and necessary accessories. All of the souvenirs here are made by experienced handicraftsmen. With more than 100 stores at night, tourists would be free to find what they want.
Souvenirs from Bai Chay night market, precious symbols of the S-shaped country
One highlight that appeals to lots of tourists is floating markets at night. The locals will sell their products in their sampan and the market takes place on the surface of the water. Sounds interesting, right?
One more interesting thing is that sellers in Halong night markets speak English quite fluently so it is easier for tourists to bargain and deal with the price. You can start your bargain from 75 percent of the original price.
While shopping here, do not forget to watch your property carefully in case of pickpockets. Let’s wander along these fabulous night markets to have a perfect Halong bay nightlife memory.
2. Halong Bay night street food market
This food night market has just organized for a few years but it has caught a lot of attention from tourists coming to Halong.
If you come to Halong, to experience all the cuisine and explore Halong bay nightlife, the street food market will satisfy you.
BBQ food stall attracts a lot of locals as well as foreign tourists
It is very easy for tourists to find the market as it located on Ben Doan Street and Hong Gai Street. With the total area of 11.000 m2 including about 87 booths, this food market consists of 60 outdoor stalls and 27 covered stalls. With a variety of mouthwatering dishes in booths, tourists are not limited to try the flavor of specialties of Halong, Quang Ninh province.
People coming here can have both sub meal and dinner as the market opens daily from 4.30 pm to 12:00 pm with a lot of local food and you do not have to worry about the quality of the food here.
However, I highly recommend you to come here at late night after getting entertained in some club, try some street food or seafood, some beers and listen to the sound of the sea while chatting with friends. I am sure that it would become one of the most memorable experiences for anyone coming to Halong Bay, one of seven wonders of the world.
You might want to check out:
- Things to do in Halong Bay
- Halong Bay floating fishing villages
- Halong Bay Rock Climbing
- Halong Bay Diving
3. Halong Bar and Club, one highlight of Halong Nightlife
Halong Bay nightlife can be super fun and loud, too since Halong Bay now has a lot of bars and clubs for tourists to get entertainment and enjoy Halong bay nightlife. To enjoy your Halong bay nightlife, here are some addresses that are highly recommended by locals:
3.1 Le Pont Cat Ba Club
With live music and a perfect cocktail, tourists will get a relaxing and chilling atmosphere while enjoying western food.
The best time to come here is from 8 pm – 23 pm
- Location: Le Pont Cat Ba Club is near Cat Co 3 (Cát Cò 3), Cat Ba (Cát Bà), Halong Bay
- Opening hours: 8:00 – 23:00
If you have time, don’t miss a wonderful opportunity to pass by this amazing bar club.
3.2. Flightless Bird Café
- With the balcony on the 2nd floor, tourists can have a whole view of Halong Bay while having some coffee. This will help you to get relaxed after a long day visiting Halong.
- Flightless Bird Café is considered as one of the most popular places of interest in Halong Bay nightlife. Here, tourists will be immersed in the cool air of Halong nightlife. A favorable seat located on the balcony will be easy for you to take the whole charming harbor view of Halong City.
Blue is the main color of Flightless Bird Café
- This bar coffee shop is a suitable destination for those who want to exchange books and talk about book hobby.
- Location: right on the major street of Cat Ba Island.
- Tel: +84 031) 888517
3.3. Nha Hang Va Bar
- If you are searching for a luxurious bar, Nha Hang Va Bar is definitely your perfect choice. Known for its romantic vibe, this bar is the ideal destination for couples to spend their night time together with drinking, eating and chatting.
- This bar is also noted for wonderful drinks and food. Let’s free your soul in good music in its sound system.
- Address: Số 8, đường Hạ Long, Bãi Cháy, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh
- Opening hours: 6:00 p.m. — 11:00 p.m.
>>> Book a Hanoi – Halong Bay 4 Days from NOW to experience a definitely new world!
3.4. 18 Club
- This is the club for guests to get relax and enjoy many fresh and delicious food. It receives a great love from both locals, backpackers, travelers and tourists from all regions of the world thanks to its friendly atmosphere and perfect drinks.
- If you are worried about the language barrier, don’t worry as the staff of 18 Club can speak English very well and their behaviors are are so friendly and professional. After a long day of traveling in Halong Bay, it’s a good time for you to eat and drink delicious foods and fresh drinks.
Bar in Halong Bay, a wonderful chance to explore Halong at night
- Location: Ha Long (Hạ Long) City, Quang Ninh (Quảng Ninh) province, Vietnam
- Opening hours: 19:00 – 12:00 every day
There are some tourist information in Halong that I want to provide to make sure you can have the best experience while traveling here
- Time: You should come Halong Bay all the season in the year. However, according to the locals’ experience, the most approximate time to explore the charm of Halong night is in the summer – in April and July. At that time, the weather is the best at this time. You should avoid August and September as there are a lot of storms during this time.
Tourists still can come here in the winter but the temperature during winter is quite low, thus, you are not able to swim or take part in water-related activities in such cold water.
- Transportation: You can try many different vehicles while traveling in Halong such as a car, motorbike, and walking. I highly recommend you to rent a motorbike and you can be free to go.
Before renting a motorbike, remember to check all other equipment of the bike in case there is anything broken during our trips.
This is some information about nightlife in Halong. If you intend to visit beautiful Halong Bay, don’t hesitate to pass these intriguing places and involve in the bustling nightlife of Halong Bay.